Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Messy Life



I love house magazines. I love Martha Stewart Living, House Beautiful, Country Home, Elle Decor, and even Better Homes and Gardens. Sometimes when I need comforting I buy Real Simple. Everything really IS simple in Real Simple. I love how clean, organized, and orderly the Real Simple world is. No dust bunnies under the bed, sparkling clean baseboards, a place for everything and everything in its place.

So it's sometimes hard not to think of it as a personal failure that my room looks like this. And that it looks like this A LOT. Because I LOVE clean, organized, calm, pretty places. And it's a shame, because I live in a very nice room, with wood floors, high ceilings, a big closet and my own bathroom. Oh, the wasted potential!

So let's just consider this the "Before" picture, ok? Sooner or later I'll post an "After" picture that will make you wonder if this is the same room. And in the meantime, I'm going to try to give myself a break. I'm not the only one with this problem, right? Right?

No comments: